On this page, you find links to posts in which I explain all about different cooking and baking techniques. This page is here to help you be cool, collected and perfectly zen in the kitchen. Because hey, cooking and baking should be fun! And we all know that it’s no fun to scrape crystallized sugar out of a pan after a pitiful attempt at making caramel, or trying to salvage a cake that is still uncooked in the middle but burned on top.
So stop feeling like a dummy and channel your inner tough cookie!
- Baking with Peanut Butter
- Browning Butter
- DIY Baking Parchment Muffin Cups
- Faking a Double Boiler
- Getting to Know Your Oven
- How to Use a Different Size Cake Pan: Round Cake Pans (updated and simplified)
- Making Caramel: How to Make a Dry Caramel
- Making Caramel: How to Make a Wet Caramel
- Making Caramel: The Difference Between Wet and Dry Caramel
- Making French Buttercream without a Sugar Thermometer
- Rendering Lard for Pie Crusts
- Sterilizing Glass Jars and Bottles
- The Difference Between Baking Soda and Baking Powder
- Using Self-Raising Flour Instead of All-Purpose Flour