Raspberry sugar is incredibly easy to make and it looks amazing! Sprinkle it over cupcakes, pies or ice cream or use it to rim pretty cocktail glasses. You can also stir it into some whipped cream for a subtle raspberry kick!
I’ve made this raspberry sugar to give my my soft-baked, zingy Raspberry Jam Cookies an elegant touch!
- 40g frozen raspberries, thawed
- 200g (or 1 cup) granulated sugar
- Preheat your oven to 50°C/120°F (standard oven setting) and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Place a strainer over a small bowl. Using the back of a spoon, press the raspberries through the strainer, making sure to catch the juices. Add the sugar to the juices and stir until combined.
- Scatter the wet sugar onto the prepared baking sheet and allow the sugar to dry out in the oven for about 30 minutes (I left the oven door ajar to allow the moisture to escape).
- Once dry, remove from the oven and, using a fork, break up larger sugar clumps and transfer to an airtight container.