Should I ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Tough Cookie may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 11th May 2016.
What I collect
I may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as zip code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to reader surveys and/or offers
What I do with the information I gather
I require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better blog, and in particular for the following reasons:
- I may use the information to improve our products and services.
- I may periodically send promotional emails about new posts, special offers or other information which I think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, I may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. I may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
I am committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps me analyse data about web page traffic and improve my website in order to tailor it to reader needs. I only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help me provide you with a better website, by enabling me to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
My website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave my site, you should note that I do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- I will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless I have your permission or are required by law to do so.
For information about opting out of Gourmet Ads and ad serving partners (one of the ad networks I work with) please visit http://www.gourmetads.com/about/privacy-policy.
If you believe that any information I am holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact me.