Hot days call for Double Chocolate Milkshakes: thick, super chocolatey shakes with a hot fudge sauce kick, whipped cream, and (semi-melted) chocolate curls.
Yeah. I HAD to make milkshakes for the blog on the hottest day of the year. I have such GREAT ideas sometimes. Not.
Sure, these double chocolate milkshakes are delicious and definitely (definitely!) deserve a place here on the blog. They are thick, cold, creamy, super chocolatey and super yum! The Rocking Rebel had actually already finished his before I had a chance to tell him that I wanted to photograph these babies (which is why there is only one of them in the photos).
But. These shakes started melting the second I poured them into the glasses. So I could only get a few kind of decent shots of mine (the Rocking Rebel’s was long gone!) before it was dripping all down the sides of the glass. Needles to say, these rushed photos are not my best work. But because the milkshakes are REALLY delicious and I didn’t want to keep this recipe from you, these two photos will just have to do ????
Besides, the fact that I only have two photos for you today is not really that bad, I guess. Because recipe-wise, there’s not much to say. They’re milkshakes. If you have a blender, ice cream and milk, you’re good to go. I jazzed our milkshakes up with some homemade hot fudge sauce, but you can certainly use store bought. Add whipped cream, a few already-melting chocolate curls, and you’re done. Sip, sip, sip away!
Make these, guys. They’re soooo worth it.
If you like this recipe and would like more recipes delivered straight into your inbox, click here to sign up to my mailing list (do it! I’ve almost finished a super cute ebook with my five favorite frostings to send to all my subscribers!).
And if you like to pin this recipe, there’s a nice long pin below the recipe!
- 350g (about 2½ cups) chocolate ice cream
- 210ml (or ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons) whole milk
- chocolate syrup, I used homemade
- whipped cream for serving
- chocolate curls for serving
- In a blender, combine ice cream and milk. Blend until thick, creamy and smooth.
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup against the sides of two serving glasses by holding the glass at an angle. Divide the milkshake over the glasses. Top with whipped cream and chocolate curls. Serve immediately!